Страницы

вторник, 22 июля 2014 г.

Talking of weather

[читать на русском языке]

Well, it's been a while and a lot of things has happened. I didn't write about any of them. 

Let's say I took a break. The truth is at the end of the previous year when I stopped blogging I was considering going rogue, sorry, I mean, analogue, going analogue. 

For better or for worse I didn't see the alternative to e-books and Skype with WhatsApp. Other things I believed I could have figured out. 

You may wonder why on earth did I even think about quitting Internet. Me of all people!.. 

To be honest I don't know. I don't think I spend too much time on-line. Probably more than I have to but still not so bad for year 2014 - I've got time to read, to draw, to exercise, to talk to people face to face, to enjoy cooking and eating... Real life so to say. Nevertheless I felt tired of updates, trends, likes and an infinite lack of genuineness. Nothing was new or original or sincere.

Little did I know that those days were the golden twillight of the social medias when there was still some sense left between lines and kittens. Soon, as we all know the waste spaces of Internet, fell victim to propaganda, to posts of pure hatred, all kinds of inappropiateness and overall stupidity.

I was travelling and avoided the worst of it. I made a habit of saying that I am from Bashkortostan. Most of the people would obviously and unsuccessfully rack their memories trying to remember where is it. Some would ask. "Ah, one of many stans in Central Asia..." I don't think I am lying and even if I am I'd rather avoid an awkward "Ha! Why did you still that part of Ukraine?!" conversation.

I returned to Maldives and started to work again. Between the job I liked and the man I love and diving and surfing and reading and running I sometimes thought about writting down my travels but there were always other things to do.

The reasonable question at this point would be Why. Why am I writting again? Well, either you live somewhere else or you are happily oblivious to weather in Ufa. It's almost poetically dreadful: "get ink, shed tears"* kind of weather; and since the forecast leaves no hope you might hear from me again very soon.

I might write about a beautiful island of Borneo, about short yet eventful trip to Sri Lanka, about Malaysia, Thailand or incredible Cambodia, about Dubai or even Maldives. Maybe I will write about hypocritical charity events in luxury resorts or scams on the border between Thailand and Cambodia. I might finally write what it is really like to work in Maldives or live in Russia. Patriotism maybe? How about new detective series I watched? Or shall we talk about television killing creativity? Well, I am not asking if I should write about books I have recently read - there is no way in hell we can avoid this conversation.

Lots of love & see you soon,

Gulshat

*a poem by Boris Pasternak

3 комментария:

  1. Ha, the weather is killing me as well... Never thought I would start missing the islands so soon!.. And, if we are choosing the topics, I will be selfish and request to know about "short but eventful trip to Sri Lanka" and your impression of Dubai first ;p

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Really? I don't see how Sri Lanka and Dubai, specially Dubai, can beat Borneo or Cambodia but your request is noted ^_~

      Удалить
    2. Haha, it's just that I'm not going to Borneo or Cambodia any time soon, but I might end up in Sri Lanka or Dubai within the next couple of months ;)

      Удалить